International Transport Research Documentation
International Transport Research Documentation has had the ITRD database at its heart - a co-operative worldwide database of published information on transport and transport research.
ITRD contains over 400 000 bibliographical references and around 4 000 are added each year with an increasingly number of links to open-access publications.
Each record contains an informative abstract in one of the four official ITRD languages: English, French, German, and Spanish. The ITRD multilingual thesaurus allows searching by the term code which is the same whatever the language of abstract.
Input to the ITRD database is provided by ITRD members, which represent internationally renowned institutes. ITRD is also a group of transport librarians and a platform for discussion and exchange on transport documentation.
Since January 2011, the ITRD database and the Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) database of TRB (Washington) are integrated into a new product called TRID - the TRIS and ITRD Database.
The new Transport Research International Documentation database offers:
- One database to locate transport research from around the worldThe new Transport Research International Documentation database offers:
- Multilingual database with records in English, German, French or Spanish
- More than 1 000 000 records of published or on-going research
- Indexing from the Transportation Research Thesaurus or the multilingual ITRD thesaurus
- Free access to the public on TRB’s website
TRID also offers:
- Flexibility in searching
- Simple and advanced query screens and browsing of recent publications by mode
- Links to the full text of the document or to direct ordering information
- Possibility to print, download, directly e-mail, or share search results
- The ability to subscribe to RSS feeds to get the latest publications on a specific topic
The TRID website includes “Hot Topic” searches on subjects of current interest. For more information about TRID and access to the database, please visit: trid.trb.org