Walking and Cycling
Roundtable Report, Policy Insights,
26 August 2019
- Maintain a permissive regulatory environment for new app-based mobility services.
- Treat incumbent mobility providers and new market entrants equally.
- Revise outdated and fragmented regulatory frameworks for mobility services.
- Focus regulation on addressing clearly-identified market failures.
- Take the broader urban policy environment into account when designing regulations.
- Consider subsidies for app-based mobility services where appropriate and invest in supporting infrastructure.
21 May 2019
Case-Specific Policy Analysis, Policy Insights,
19 May 2019
- Use the new urban accessibility framework to compare and benchmark cities.
- Improve accessibility by reducing trip lengths and enhancing transport performance.
- Learn from similar cities with higher accessibility scores.
- Collect more and better urban mobility data, notably on walking and cycling.