Case-Specific Policy Analysis, Policy Insights,
25 October 2018
- Integrate the new airport into strategic plans for sustainable urban transport.
- Prioritise access by public transport in the layout of the airport terminal.
- Establish priorities for investment in public transport links to the airport.
- Preserve alignments for infrastructure than can only be funded later on.
- Plan now for links that will serve both developments on the old airport site and the new airport.
- Integrate new public transport links with existing networks seamlessly.
- Create the framework for investment in fast, seamless, reliable rail or metro links.
- Explore a range of potential funding options for premium rail or metro services.
- Maintain today’s world-class long distance coach services.
- Fund public transport investments with the potential to relieve road congestion and air pollution.
Corporate Partnership Board Report,
21 May 2018