Roundtable Report, Policy Insights,
20 December 2018
- Management commitment to establishing safety policies and objectives
- Inclusion of explicit safety (non-punitive) reporting procedures
- Safety performance monitoring and measurement
- Identification of accountable management employees
- Appointment of key safety personnel responsible for safety oversight and promotion
- Implementation of a risk management process to identify hazards and associated risks
- Safety training at management and employee levels
Research Report, Policy Insights,
19 November 2018
- Develop mobility observatories in cities.
- Collect traffic casualty data from hospitals, not only from police records.
- Adopt ambitious targets to reduce the number of casualties.
- Focus on protecting vulnerable road users.
- Use appropriate indicators to measure the safety of vulnerable road users in cities.
- Estimate daytime population to improve the comparability of traffic safety statistics.
- Prioritise research on urban road crashes.