6 November 2019
Corporate Partnership Board Report, Policy Insights,
22 May 2019
- Make transport policy algorithm-ready and transport policy makers algorithmically-literate.
- Ensure that oversight and control of algorithms is proportional to impacts and risks.
- Build in algorithmic auditability by default into potentially impactful algorithms.
- Convert analogue regulations into machine-readable code for use by algorithmic systems.
- Use algorithmic systems to regulate more dynamically and efficiently.
- Compare the performance of algorithmic systems with that of human decision-making.
- Algorithmic assessment should go beyond transparency and explainability.
- Establish robust regulatory frameworks that ensure accountability for decisions taken by algorithms.
- Establish clear guidelines and regulatory action to assess the impact of algorithmic decision-making.
- Adapt how regulation is made to reflect the speed and uncertainty around algorithmic system deployment.