Case-Specific Policy Analysis, Policy Insights,
11 October 2017
- Enable implementation of new shared mobility solutions in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area as an additional policy tool.
- Implement new shared mobility solutions at a sufficient scale to boost attractiveness and lower costs.
- Design shared mobility solutions so they feed rail/metro lines and replace low‑frequency, low‑occupancy bus services.
- Target shared mobility solutions for sub-urban car users currently not well served by public transport.
- Consider improvements in system capacity and access to rail and metro stations.
Transport Outlook, Policy Insights,
30 January 2017
- The 2016 Paris climate agreement must be translated into concrete actions for the transport sector.
- Policy will need to embrace and respond to disruptive innovation in transport.
- Reducing CO2 from urban mobility needs more than better vehicle and fuel technology.
- Targeted land-use policies can reduce the transport infrastructure needed to provide more equitable access in cities.
- Governments need to develop planning tools to adapt to uncertainties created by changing patterns of consumption, production and distribution.