Information Sharing for Efficient Maritime Logistics
This report presents policy options for encouraging information sharing along the maritime supply chain. It maps the current use of digital technology and information sharing in maritime logistics and highlights the potential for making door-to-door cargo flows more efficient. It also examines the numerous challenges from interoperability issues to lack of collaboration.
- Support the emergence of open standards in maritime logistics.
- Ensure interoperability between public and private systems for the exchange of logistics information.
- Support ports in creating co-ordination platforms and Single Windows.
- Ensure that digitalisation in the maritime logistics chain occurs in a competitive environment.
- Closely monitor cyber security vulnerabilities in maritime logistics.