Micromobility, Equity and Sustainability Roundtable Meeting
Young Tae Kim, Secretary-General of the International Transport Forum, provides opening remarks on 17 March.
19:00 - 21:30 CET from 17-19 March 2021
Micromobility offers cities an opportunity to address congestion, emissions and air quality. This report examines micromobility trends and review its benefits and social costs, with the aim to help develop governance frameworks and regulations that maximise the contribution of e-scooters, electric bikes and pedal bikes to more sustainable mobility and minimise any negative effects, particularly for pedestrians.
Relevant ITF publications:
- Safe Micromobility ITF, 2020 https://www.itf-oecd.org/sites/default/files/docs/safe-micromobility_1.pdf
- Regulating app-based mobility services, ITF, 2019 https://www.itf-oecd.org/sites/default/files/docs/app-based-mobility.pdf
- The Shared-Use City: Managing the Curb, ITF 2018 https://www.itf-oecd.org/shared-use-city-managing-curb
- Integrating Urban Public Transport Systems and Cycling, ITF, 2017 https://www.itf-oecd.org/integrated-sustainable-urban-transport-roundtable
- Zero Car Growth? Managing Urban Traffic ITF, Forthcoming https://www.itf-oecd.org/zero-car-growth-managing-urban-traffic-roundtable