2 November 2018
- Adopt a presumption toward repeal of shipping-specific block exemptions from competition law.
- Improve project appraisal for port and hinterland infrastructure and adopt common principles for port pricing.
- Establish more coherent ports policies to clarify roles and reduce risk of creating over-capacity.
22 April 2018
- Involve stakeholders in the development of policies governing LNG bunkering.
- Plan LNG infrastructure in a flexible manner.
- Stimulate international cooperation in LNG bunkering services.
- Mitigate negative environmental side-effects of LNG-fuelled shipping.
17 April 2018
- Acknowledge the important role of ports in mitigating shipping emissions.
- Expand port-based incentives for low-emission ships.
- Link port-based incentives to actual emissions.
- Move to a more harmonised application of green port fees.
26 March 2018
- Set a clear, ambitious emissions-reduction target to drive decarbonisation of maritime transport.
- Support the realisation of emissions-reduction targets with a comprehensive set of policy measures.
- Provide smart financial incentives to advance the decarbonisation of maritime shipping.
9 March 2018
- Make available more financial tools and incentives to support the decarbonisation of shipping.
- Increase public policy support for decarbonisation of the maritime industry.
- Upscale best practices in maritime decarbonisation internationally.