27 June 2021
- A more proactive strategy from the port authority.
- Stronger involvement of the city administration in zero carbon freight.
- Facilitation of zero carbon freight transport by the federal government.
16 November 2020
- Increase the energy efficiency of new and existing ships.
- Leverage public sector procurement to stimulate the electrification of short-distance shipping.
- Introduce regulations on lifecycle emissions of maritime fuels.
- Put in place carbon pricing for shipping and policies that can reduce the carbon content of shipping fuels.
- Advance the discussion on market-based mechanisms at the International Maritime Organization.
- Launch pilot projects to gain experience with new fuels and accelerate the adoption of safety guidelines.
8 June 2020
- Ensure strategic planning for port development accounts for the key drivers of trade.
- Support policy for decarbonisation of maritime transport with carbon pricing.
- Prevent aid to maritime shipping from eroding competition in maritime logistics services.
- Improve maritime logistics via new performance metrics.
- Guarantee open standards when digitalising maritime logistics.
- Fine-tune maritime transport modelling.
2 June 2020
18 May 2020
16 September 2019
- Re-orient and harmonise maritime subsidy policies.
- Clarify objectives of maritime subsidies.
- Make maritime subsidies more conditional on positive impacts.
- Design maritime subsidies in ways that avoid market distortions.
- Improve transparency around maritime subsidies.
21 May 2019
22 April 2018
- Involve stakeholders in the development of policies governing LNG bunkering.
- Plan LNG infrastructure in a flexible manner.
- Stimulate international cooperation in LNG bunkering services.
- Mitigate negative environmental side-effects of LNG-fuelled shipping.
17 April 2018
- Acknowledge the important role of ports in mitigating shipping emissions.
- Expand port-based incentives for low-emission ships.
- Link port-based incentives to actual emissions.
- Move to a more harmonised application of green port fees.
26 March 2018
- Set a clear, ambitious emissions-reduction target to drive decarbonisation of maritime transport.
- Support the realisation of emissions-reduction targets with a comprehensive set of policy measures.
- Provide smart financial incentives to advance the decarbonisation of maritime shipping.
9 March 2018
- Make available more financial tools and incentives to support the decarbonisation of shipping.
- Increase public policy support for decarbonisation of the maritime industry.
- Upscale best practices in maritime decarbonisation internationally.
8 December 2017
- Resolve bottlenecks elsewhere in the supply chain to increase efficiency.
- Open up domestic coastal freight transport to international shipping lines.
- Smart phasing in of next phases of the New Priok port project.
- Stimulate port investment in other parts of Indonesia.
28 June 2017
- Develop a strategy to attract tourists to the city of Piraeus.
- Facilitate stakeholder co-operation to boost competitiveness of Piraeus as a cruise destination.
- Work to reduce the environmental impacts of cruise shipping on Piraeus.
23 May 2017
- Develop tailor-made governance arrangements for ports.
- Allow decentralised port governance to create additional benefits for local communities.
- Coordinate public port investment, nationally and where possible at a supra-national level.
- Ensure that ports not only focus on profits, but also take local impacts into account.
22 January 2017
- Implement the Alexandra Basin Redevelopment Project.
- Develop a joint cruise strategy for the whole city.
- Better exploit Dublin’s asset as potential home port.
- Resolve constraints related to cruise passenger flows.
- Develop a green cruise port policy.
21 December 2016
- Create certainty about the future of cruise shipping in Venice.
- Develop a tourism strategy for the city including guidance on which tourists to prioritise.
- Develop instruments to contain the number of tourists in the city of Venice.
- Develop an action plan for extracting more value from home port passengers.
- Give a more structural character to environmental policies that have a discontinuous nature.
9 May 2016
- Harmonise requirements on maritime sulphur emissions with regard to compliance options.
- Apply sanctions for non-compliance with sulphur emissions regulations for ships that are sufficiently dissuasive.
- Inverse the burden of proof for compliance by prohibiting ships to carry heavy fuel oil except as cargo.
17 June 2009
1 January 2006
1 January 2005