27 November 2017
- Consider integrating shared mobility services into Auckland’s existing transport offer.
- Use shared services as feeder service for train, ferry and bus rapid transit services to increase use of public transport.
- Ensure shared mobility services are provided in a large enough area of Auckland.
- Target shared mobility services for potential early adopters.
- Integrate land use and transport policies to limit urban sprawl and support the uptake of shared mobility services.
- Create a legal and regulatory framework focused on delivering societal benefits from uptake of shared mobility services.
- Make sharing of performance data a pre-requisite for licensing shared mobility services.
11 October 2017
30 May 2017
- Focus on improving overall mobility outcomes, not just on lowering public transport costs.
- Set a vision for urban transport that includes full integration of innovative mobility options.
- Ensure partnerships between public transport and innovative mobility operators to improve mobility for all people, including those with disabilities.
- Target low-performing or costly routes, and leverage government assets to guide convergence.
- Split regulatory oversight from operation of urban transport and adapt procurement practices.
- Mitigate innovation risk for new services through pilots and portfolio management.
- Incentivise age- and disability-friendly interactions in partnerships between public transport and ride-service operators.
30 May 2017
- Start to integrate shared mobility solutions into existing urban transport plans.
- Leverage shared mobility to increase use of existing high-capacity public transport.
- Deploy shared mobility services in a phased way that maximises public acceptance.
- Optimise overall efficiency while assuring a healthy level of competition in the market.
- Limit exclusive occupancy of shared vehicles to avoid the erosion of traffic reduction and CO2 emissions.
- Leverage the significant potential of improved territorial accessibility created by shared mobility.
- Make shared mobility services fully accessible to citizens with reduced mobility benefits.
9 April 2017
28 February 2017