Sustainable and Resilient Transport Infrastructure and Systems in Africa. Race to Zero Transport Day
10:40 - 12:00 CET
This session will focus on the role of fundamental infrastructure in Africa as a critical enabler of sustainable and resilient transport activities which have the capacity to transform cities and create positive economic, environmental and social impact.
Sustainable and resilient transport activities start from fundamental infrastructure and how they are connected with other components in the transport system. The development of reliable infrastructure often has the capacity to transform cities and can create positive economic, environmental and social impact. Transport connectivity for both passenger and freight has to also be accessible, affordable and safe in order for it to be sustainable.
- Amiene van der Merwe: Founder & Managing Director of The Green Cab, South Africa
- Henry Kamau: Executive Director, Sustainable Transport Africa
- Dorah Mwenye: Co-ordinator for Mobility for Africa, Zimbabwe
- Shipra Narang Suri: Chief Urban Practices Branch, UN-Habitat
- Charlene Kouassi: African Mobilities Observatory
This event is part of the Race to Zero Dialogues Transport Day