Safe Micromobility webinar
Results from the recent Corporate Partnership Board report are presented online from 13:00 to 14:00 CEST.
In a fast-evolving urban transport environment, micromobility is changing how people move. Electric scooters, e-bikes, motorised skateboards and other light personal mobility devices have become hugely popular, along with traditional bicycles, for short trips. This brings new and urgent challenges for policymakers and city officials.
The report offers a framework to define micromobility and proposes categories based on mass and speed to classify them. It compares the safety of powered standing scooters (e-scooters) to bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles, and includes 10 recommendations for safe micromobility.
12:30 Registration opens
13:00 Webinar begins
- Opening Remarks: Young Tae Kim, Secretary-General, ITF
- Introductory Presentation: Sharon Masterson, Corporate Partnership Board Manager, ITF
- Presentation of the Safe Micromobility Report: Alexandre Santacreu, Road Safety Expert, ITF
- Questions and Answers: Ask the Author*
14:00 Webinar ends
* Send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 4 May at 17:00 CEST
This report was launched at the 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety held in Stockholm, Sweden, in February 2020 and is part of the programme of work of the ITF's Corporate Partnership Board.