6 November 2019
- Update transport policy and regulation to accommodate innovation that can contribute to economic growth and make transport more sustainable.
- Cooperate with research and industry, coordinate with all government levels.
- Leave room for bottom up innovation through a light regulatory touch.
- Be ready to facilitate discussion between innovative actors and traditional operators.
- Foster innovation in the delivery of concessioned transport services.
- Support change and build on existing cultural practices in order to improve quality of life for all.
- Create innovation sandboxes/living labs.
- Look beyond transport towards non-traditional policy matters.
4 November 2019
- Target the company car market to boost the uptake of electric vehicles.
- Address non-monetary factors in vehicle purchase decisions.
- Use stated preference surveys to improve understanding of consumer choices
1 October 2019
- Update the value of reductions in travel time periodically to reflect changes in preferences and travel patterns.
- Account for the quality of travel conditions.
- Employ stated preference surveys supported by other evidence for determining the value of reductions in travel time.
- Investigate how the use of Big Data can improve understanding of travel behaviour.
- Continue to use cost-benefit analysis in transport decision making.
- Strengthen the link between modelling, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation.
26 August 2019
- Maintain a permissive regulatory environment for new app-based mobility services.
- Treat incumbent mobility providers and new market entrants equally.
- Revise outdated and fragmented regulatory frameworks for mobility services.
- Focus regulation on addressing clearly-identified market failures.
- Take the broader urban policy environment into account when designing regulations.
- Consider subsidies for app-based mobility services where appropriate and invest in supporting infrastructure.
22 May 2019
22 May 2019
- Develop standards and platforms for the collection and sharing of safety-critical vehicle data.
- Ensure privacy in the use of safety-critical data.
- Refine the applications of surrogate traffic safety metrics.
- Harness Big Data for road safety but beware of biases.
- Review training needs for road safety professionals.
- Empower transport users and workers through mechanisms to report safety concerns.
- Make safety-critical vehicle data available for telematics applications.
- Find ways to integrate smartphones into Cooperative-ITS to benefit all users.
- Improve and link police and hospital data on road crash injuries.
- Prevent, detect and signal driver distractions.
- Revise trigger mechanisms for automatic crash notification and event data recording.
- Share data to enforce limits on driving hours in the gig economy.
- Favour more accurate and relevant geo-spatial accuracy for safety applications.
- Update legal frameworks to account for ubiquitous sensing data and their use in improving safety.
22 May 2019
- Make transport policy algorithm-ready and transport policy makers algorithmically-literate.
- Ensure that oversight and control of algorithms is proportional to impacts and risks.
- Build in algorithmic auditability by default into potentially impactful algorithms.
- Convert analogue regulations into machine-readable code for use by algorithmic systems.
- Use algorithmic systems to regulate more dynamically and efficiently.
- Compare the performance of algorithmic systems with that of human decision-making.
- Algorithmic assessment should go beyond transparency and explainability.
- Establish robust regulatory frameworks that ensure accountability for decisions taken by algorithms.
- Establish clear guidelines and regulatory action to assess the impact of algorithmic decision-making.
- Adapt how regulation is made to reflect the speed and uncertainty around algorithmic system deployment.
21 May 2019
13 May 2019
- Улучшение транспортного сообщения на местном уровне наряду с развитием международных коридоров.
- Установление цен на транзитные перевозки, покрывающих все связанные с ними расходы.
- Реформирование системы финансирования дорожно-ремонтных работ и инвестиций в дорожные сети.
- Привлечение частных инвестиций исходя из соображений экономической эффективности.
- Содействие в формировании современной логистической отрасли.
- Внедрение передового опыта в сфере транспортного планирования.
- Установление стандартов деятельности для таможенных органов.
- Упорядочение регионального и международного сотрудничества.
19 March 2019
- Make use of smart technologies part of the response to congestion.
- Invest in improving junctions where these create bottlenecks.
- Use hard-shoulder running and ramp metering to get the most out of trunk road capacity.
- Use congestion pricing for active traffic management as part of integrated urban policies.
- Adopt barrier-free electronic tolling to remove bottlenecks.
24 January 2019
- Ensure international harmonisation of regulation for autonomous trucks.
- Use the flexibility within existing regulatory frameworks to accommodate vehicle automation technologies.
- Weigh the advantages, disadvantages and limits to stretching existing regulatory frameworks to cover safe vehicle automation.
- Consider data-led approaches for regulating vehicles with high automation levels. Consider government intervention to address labour issues if and where they arise.