31 October 2018
- Address coordination between jurisdictions at all territorial levels.
- Make establishment of the Metropolitan Transport Authority an integral part of decentralisation.
- Leverage support of the national government to establish the Metropolitan Transport Authority.
- Engage with public opinion to create broad support for the creation of a Metropolitan Transport Authority.
- Choose the right scope when defining responsibilities of the new Metropolitan Transport Authority.
- Focus on delivery of the government’s priority objectives for transport provision.
- Provide the Metropolitan Transport Authority with the necessary technical and financial capacity using fiscal instruments that bring mobility benefits as well as raising funds.
21 October 2018
- Develop coherent electric mobility strategies for urban areas.
- Tailor urban decarbonising pathways to the development priorities of different country groups.
- Engage in holistic and prospective urban development planning that prioritises connectivity between different modes of travel.
- Forge new collaborations between relevant actors to address the sustainability challenges of urban passenger transport.
- Continue to employ and refine demand management measures to incentivise the use of sustainable transport modes.
- Consider behavioural factors in both supply- and demand-side decarbonisation measures for urban transport.
9 October 2018
25 April 2018
- Design interchange stations to provide secure, uncongested conditions for transfer by the shortest routes possible.
- Provide adequate bike parking areas at stations and stops.
- Integrate ticketing and information systems as well as the physical transport infrastructure.
- Establish integrated urban transport plans in consultation with stakeholders and the public.