ITF North and Central Asia Transport Outlook
This report provides scenarios for future transport demand and CO2 emissions in North and Central Asia up to 2050 to help decision makers chart pathways to sustainable, resilient transport. The scenarios reflect existing policy initiatives and specific constraints in the region. They also examine the potential impact of policies addressing the challenges and opportunities for transport from Covid-19.
- Improve connectivity without increasing carbon intensity.
- Target regional linkages and sustainable growth in connectivity strategies.
- Complement connectivity improvements with initiatives to decarbonise fuel production and energy sources.
- Prioritise service improvements and land-use development that encourages public-transport use.
- Ensure urban mobility is affordable in North and Central Asia's largest cities.