ITF Transport Life-cycle Assessment Tool for India
ITF Transport Life-cycle Assessment Tool for India estimates the energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for different transport modes. A life-cycle approach offers insights into how different policy choices affect emissions throughout vehicle and infrastructure development and use, including:
- Manufacturing, including the assembly and disposal of materials associated with the vehicle and battery.
- Transport of the vehicles to the place of use.
- Use of the vehicles, including impacts associated with energy production for the use of the vehicle.
- Operational services needed by specific vehicles and possibly the involvement of other vehicles, where required. This does not typically apply to private vehicles.
- Infrastructure construction and maintenance, according to relevant usage profiles. For example, using an attributional approach, allocating energy and emissions occurring during the construction and operation of infrastructure to the transport activity taking place using these same infrastructures.