Carbon Neutral Mobility for a Climate Friendly Future in Asia
This Side Event, part of the UNFCCC Asia Pacific Climate Week (APCW), showcases ITF's work in Asia, including DTEE-India, NDC-TIA, ASEAN Fuel Economy Roadmap and DT Implement. The APCW is organised by Japan with their organising partners (UN Development Programme, UN Environment Programme, World Bank Group) and with support from their regional partners (ADB, IGES, UNESCAP).
Building upon the ITF’s existing decarbonising transport activities in Asia, this side event highlights key opportunities to increase ambitions in the region and implement concrete actions. It focuses on sharing evidence for best practices and effective measures that will accelerate the transition to carbon-neutral mobility in the Asia Pacific region, in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. These measures range across different categories - improved design, operations and planning of transport systems, electrification, low-carbon fuels and energy vectors, mode shift and demand management, and innovation and up-scaling.
Moderator: International Transport Forum
- Mr. Siddharth Sinha, Public Policy Consultant, CEO’s Office, NITI Aayog, India
- Mr. Takeshi Niwa, Director, International Policy Division, Policy Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Japan
- Ms. Sophie Punte, Managing Director of Policy, We Mean Business Coalition
- Ms. Kathleen Dematera Contreras, Sustainable Transport Lead, Clean Air Asia
- Mr. Anupam Arora, General Manager & Business Head (Rail Electrification), Siemens India
- Mr. Peng He, China Lead, Automotive and Mobility, World Economic Forum