Policy Priorities for Decarbonising Urban Passenger Transport
This report identifies policy priorities, megatrends and pressing issues regarding the decarbonisation of urban passenger transport. It presents the results of an expert survey on important challenges in the area and summarises the findings of a workshop with 36 experts from 12 countries regarding strategies for the transition to carbon-neutral urban passenger transport.
This report is part of the Decarbonising Transport initiative
- Develop coherent electric mobility strategies for urban areas.
- Tailor urban decarbonising pathways to the development priorities of different country groups.
- Engage in holistic and prospective urban development planning that prioritises connectivity between different modes of travel.
- Forge new collaborations between relevant actors to address the sustainability challenges of urban passenger transport.
- Continue to employ and refine demand management measures to incentivise the use of sustainable transport modes.
- Consider behavioural factors in both supply- and demand-side decarbonisation measures for urban transport.