Race to Zero
Achieving net zero emissions by 2050
See latest projects, reports and upcoming climate action insights from ITF:
- Decarbonising Transport initiative
- Transport Climate Action Directory: A tool for delivering decarbonisation
- Decarbonising Air Transport (December 2020)
- Decarbonising Azerbaijan’s Transport System (December 2020)
- Décarboner les Transports au Maroc (December 2020)
- Navigating Towards Cleaner Maritime Shipping (November 2020)
- Good to Go? Assessing the Environmental Performance of New Mobility (September 2020)
- Regulations and Standards for Clean Trucks and Buses (September 2020)
- Future Maritime Trade Flows (June 2020)
- Descarbonizando el Sistema de Transportes en Argentina (June 2020)
- Perspectives des transports FIT 2019 (May 2020)
- Decarbonising Argentina’s Transport System (May 2020)
- Shared Mobility Simulations for Lyon (April 2020)
- Electrifying Postal Delivery Vehicles in Korea (March 2020)
Recording of the Race to Zero Dialogues Transport Day events organised by ITF and SLOCAT on Wednesday, 11 November 2020
The Race to Zero Dialogues are virtual events aiming to achieve a world with net zero emissions by 2050. Convened by the High-Level Champions for Global Climate Action, they take place from 9 to 19 November 2020. ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim joined high-level transport action leaders to kick-off the Transport Day on Wednesday, 11 November, of which ITF is a lead organiser.
The Dialogues help actors, partners, and the general public to better understand the ambitions of non-Party stakeholders and bring together the diverse range of activities that are already creating impact.
The Dialogues demonstrate non-Party stakeholders’ willingness to support more ambitious NDCs and Long-term Strategies to deliver Paris Agreement objectives as soon as possible. The Dialogues also serve as a launchpad for action ahead of celebrating the Paris Anniversary in December 2020, and will follow-up on outcomes from the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit convened by the UN Secretary-General.